05 September 2012

free write - storm

The rain hammers on the window pain
drumming the beat of my pain
slow and steady like a snare being caressed with a brush
Scantily clad in shorts and a vest top
I dance in the rain
my soul exhaulted by the thunder and lightening
as the heavens climax
my eyes widen, head thrown back, screaming
I AM FREE
into the world
feeling reborn
as my fringe collects the tears of heaven
they slide down my brow
and mingle with my own salt tears
forcing thier way out of my eyes

As the world quietens down
I stumble back in doors
wrapping my hair with a towel
I sit in my still drenched garments
with a bottle of rose
the liqour behaving like water
unable to get tipsy
my soul still raw
from its brush with nature
the stupidity of the risk i took
sinks in and is pawned off with
neo spiritual reasoning

I am still restless for days after
am offered a means to still myself
escaping into a bubble
in this I find a solitary calm
that reaches my toes
As I sit with the boys
I am strangely silent
Speaking when nesseccary
mutely tagging along
until I am asked to accompany one to bed
I blush and say fine hun
The one of the boys asks
are you two together?
I shrug, he nods affirmative

When we are alone
he draws me close tightly
we convosate about mundane reality
He instigates thrice
never following through
with his motions of desire
So I leave it
Free to silently dismiss his wandering hands
free to keep my desire silently aloof

Soon I will say
I want you
so take me
but I must be reserved
patient
until I reach breaking point
Afraid to be dominant
assertive
with a man that is my thunder
to my lightening moods and whims.

So as I wait like a heron
With a storm brewing inside me
I pray he gets the message
before I release this pent up tension

No comments: